CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Jun 24, 2011

Achy Breaky Heart

I woke up this morning with a very heavy heart! You see, I have recently been keeping up with two sad stories and my heart is breaking for those involved. You can read what I'm talking about here and here. I know God is working, but I also believe we are supposed to grieve and pray for those that are suffering. The weird part is, I don't even know the girl with cancer and the mother of the baby in the hospital, I only met while at yoga retreat last fall. I just know I need to pray for them!

When reading stories like these, it also makes me more grateful for my own life. It makes my illness and problems seem so small in comparison. It also makes me realize that while we can do our best to be healthy~eat the right foods and exercise etc., it is GOD who determines our path in life. I know this, but it seems more real now. It is only by God's grace that I am not lying in a hospital bed with cancer or have a child in the hospital. God is good ALL the time, but some things are hard to understand and our hearts grieve for those that are suffering.

If you read this post, please say a prayer for the Baby Daisy and for Susan. I know there can be a lot of negative things about how dependent we are on technology these days, but one good thing is we can spread the word for prayer faster and farther than ever before!

No comments:

Post a Comment