CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Nov 22, 2010

I Think I CAN!

I am happy this Monday morning:) I woke up feeling better than I have been feeling. Sore throat is better and I feel pretty decent in general. I woke up early and managed to walk 30 minutes on the treadmill and now I'm sitting here drinking my breakfast smoothie.
1 Tbs. ground flax
1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
1 cup water
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 banana
1/2 tsp pure raw spirulina powder
stevia to taste
Tasty and Healthy!

My brain goes a hundred miles an hour while I'm walking and I tend to have some ah-ha moments in the process. This morning, I was thinking about goals and setting them so that they are reachable. I seem to always set my goals too high and then I get discouraged if I don't meet those goals. So, if I set my goals a little more realistically, I will have a better chance of succeeding. I may not be able to walk on the hilly roads for an hour, but I CAN walk 30 minutes on my treadmill~AND I can talk to God while I'm doing it! I may not be able to get my entire house spick and span, but I CAN focus on one room at a time.I may not be able to cook a nice dinner every single night, but I CAN cook a few times a week and plan for leftovers. I may not eat perfectly all the time. but I CAN make good choices most of the time. I am seeing that a lot of my frustration in life is because I have very high expectations and am bummed when I 'fail'. Lowering my expectations makes life a little more fun:)

How about you~do you have areas that you need to lower your standards a bit? Having goals is healthy and keeps us motivated, but sometimes we expect too much.

This post is short and sweet! I am finally going to see my new niece today! I can't wait to get her in my arms and cuddle her. All my kids are teens and I need a baby fix every now and then:)

"His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness." 2 Peter 1:3

2 comments:

  1. i'm with ya, sister. i need to be more realistic too. i also need more grace for myself when i mess up. i hear ya, loud and clear. it's nice to know i'm not alone.

    GRACE and peace to you - jami

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have the same type problem. i tend to set goals too high, and then get angry when i can't meet them. I have been working on this for a while now and am doing much better. My biggest goal right now is getting a job to help pay some bills. I have been praying a lot about it.

    Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete