CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Nov 17, 2010

Thankfulness~Not Just a Holiday

I saw a church sign the other day that said something to the effect that Thanksgiving is not just a Holiday, but it is everyday. Well, it should be anyway. I am not always thankful and I tend to focus on the worst instead of seeing the goodness of God. I stumbled across a blog called Passionate Homemaking on the same day I saw the church sign and the post was about recognizing even the smallest of gifts in our lives. I have been trying to be more thankful and see the positive in situations that I would normally be so negative about. So, I thought that today I would just list a few of the things I am thankful for:)

1~ I am thankful for my husband (who just happens to have a birthday today). He really has been so supportive and I don't always recognize it.

2~I am thankful for my children. It is a joy seeing them mature and turn into young adults with their own interest and gifts.

3~I am thankful for my church and the leaders who teach the gospel and how to apply it to our everyday lives.

4~I am thankful for my parents and that God has delivered my dad from prostate cancer. My parents only live about 10 minutes from me and I am so blessed to have such a close relationship with them.

5~I am thankful for friends that are not afraid to tell me the truth and they love me through thick and thin.

6~I am thankful that I have been able to cut back on my cleaning business and God is providing. This means I am able to care for my home and family more instead of pouring so much energy into taking care of other people's homes.

7~I am thankful for wonderful blogs that I have run across that remind me to look for the positive. I love making friends in the blog world! Take a look at the blogs on my blogroll page:)

8~I am thankful for my home, even though I tend to complain about it a lot:)

9~I am thankful for the opportunity to teach something that I love~yoga! I can't imagine how much worse I would be physically without yoga! Yes, I am a Christian and yes I do yoga. God has not convicted me to not do yoga and I will keep doing it until He does. Lots of Christians fear yoga, but that is another post for another time:) I can assure you that it has NOT hurt my relationship with God in any way!

10~Last but not least, I am thankful for salvation through Jesus Christ! I want my relationship with Him to grow stronger each day. Anything good that I have in this life is ALL because of His grace!!

I hope that my list of things to be thankful for grows each day as I learn to see the kindness of God in all areas of my life! What are you thankful for today?


Happy Birthday Tommy!!
 "Let us come before him with thanksgiving, and extol him with music and song. For the Lord is the great God, the great King above all gods." Ps. 95:2-3

2 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for a lot of things too - I can't list them all here, it would be waaay too much for one comment... But here are a few of the things I am thankful for today:
    - My husband who I love more everyday. I am so thankful for the rich relationship we share.
    - My children who are working hard on their schoolwork and working hard at trying to be good children.
    - The Lord's provision both financially and materially.
    - My blogging friends who are such an encouragement both spiritually and in practical terms.
    - My health. While I might have never dreamed I would have CFS, the Lord has been very gracious and is always there helping me through every moment of every day.
    - The Bible - I love the way God has given us a book that can help us through everything if we will but search through it... It is such an amazing book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a GREAT post! So positive and upbeat, I love it! You have some wonderful things in your life, that is a really good list!

    Thanks for having me on your blogroll. :) I've added you to mine too. I've really been enjoying getting to know you and reading up on your blog. You've been such a blessing to me, I'm sorry I haven't been more vocal about it. I really appreciate you. Blessings and keep up the positives! Oh, and I think it's great that you teach yoga, no shame in that at all!

    ReplyDelete