CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Dec 6, 2010

A Day of Rest

Really bad lighting!!
You know what I did yesterday? Absolutely NOTHING!! Sunday's are supposed to be a day of rest and they honestly wear me out sometimes. The most productive thing I did was take a hot bath and put clean clothes on. I missed out on church, but not because I didn't want to GET worn out~I WAS already worn out!! I had six people over for dinner Sat. night, three of which were teenagers that ended up staying at my house all night. We had a great time!! Needless to say, I don't think I even got two hours of sleep. My oldest son was kind enough to remind me the next day when I was moaning that I am not a teenager anymore~duh! Normally, when we have teens over like that I go on to bed, but this time I stayed up talking and laughing with them. I also had to make sure the girls were upstairs and the boys were downstairs after a certain time. So, that meant staying up until almost 3am and then listening to girls giggle and talk until about 5am. Then my hubby got up around 5:30 to go to work. I finally got up around 9am after having NO success with sleeping! I felt like I had been ran over by a steam roller! The teens had to fix breakfast themselves because there was NO way this momma could do it! Then, I also blessed them with the privilege of washing all the dishes and cleaning up where the girls had crashed in the living room:) I, on the other hand, spent my day like a zombie on the couch watching Netflix. All in all, it was a great weekend! Was it worth feeling like I had aged 20 yrs. over night? Yeah, but only because I could chill the next day~otherwise, I would have never survived. Good times!:)

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed the dinner Saturday night. I am also glad they cleaned up after themselves and took care of the dishes and the clearing up the living room. I hope today is a better day for you.

    ReplyDelete