CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Dec 7, 2010

Sweet Potato Pancakes

Yesterday for lunch I made myself some sweet potato pancakes. I have been wanting to make them for the last week and just now got around to it. My mom used to make potato cakes when I was growing up and I loved them! These are so simple and yummy!

Sweet Potato Pancakes
1 sweet potato (1 lb.)
2 eggs
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
2 Tbs. gluten free flour
1 Tbs. agave (or more if you like sweeter)
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
cinnamon ( I didn't measure)

1~Cook, peel and mash sweet potato
2~Mix everything together until blended well.
3~Measure out 1/4 cup of batter and place in oiled skillet. Spread with spatula.
4~Cook until both sides are brown.
5~Eat and Enjoy!
Makes 8 pancakes

I had mine along side some black bean soup for a very satisfying lunch! Then I had another for a bedtime snack with a little dairy free butter and agave~yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment